The 5th ABSL Conference, Europe's most important business services sector event, was held on May 22nd-23rd, 2014 in Poznań.
MT&DC was invited to participate in the conference as a Workshop Substantive Partner. Our coach - Darryl Booker - gave a lecture entitled "Transformation Management and the Role of the PM". (The presentation is available on our profile on LinkedIn.)
ABSL Conference is a place where trends are determined within the sector for the next 12 months. This year's theme was: "Poland - Taking on the World".
The 5th Conference in Numbers:
Over 650 participants
90 speakers and panelists
50 sessions including presentations, panel discussions and workshops
Special Guest of the event was Madeleine Albright, former US secretary of state and one of the world's most respected political leaders.On May 23rd, Conference day two, she gave a keynote address, followed by a Q&A session.
During the two-day conference spoke both business leaders and representatives of the world's most respected analyst firms. The speakers represented among others. HP, Infosys BPO Ltd, JLL, Skanska AB, Sodexo Group, BPO Strategies, The Hackett Group, Mckinsey & Company, Everest Group, Alsbridge, Deloitte Consulting AG.
One of the conference highlights was the presentation of the report "Modern business services sector in Poland 2014." The key findings of the study were presented by Marek Grodziński, Vice President of ABSL. The ABSL report is the basic source of information for investors, sector stakeholders and public institutions seeking reliable data on one of the most dynamically developing branches of the Polish economy. According to the data published in the report, 470 foreign-capital service centers currently operating in Poland employ approximately 128,000 specialists.
On May 23rd ABSL Recognition Awards 2014 were presented. This year, the awards were given to the City of Katowice, the Economic Council of the Prime Minister and Cezary Szymanek, editor –in- chief of Bloomberg Businessweek Poland.
- IIBA® , BABOK® and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- CBAP® and CCBA® are registered certification marks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- Endorsed Education Provider, EEP and the EEP logo are trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc
- PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- PMP and PMI-ACP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
ph. +48 607 368 182