- Course Topics
- Client testimonials
Who the course is for:
- Program Managers
- Prortfolio Managers
- Senior Project Managers
- Project Managers
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Support top-level strategy formulation
- Link corporate strategy from business strategy to portfolio development to project implementation
- Ensure project credibility by aligning your project with your organization’s goals, objectives and strategies
- Explain how the strategic management process works
- Identify sources of change that impact business strategy formulation and aligment of projects with business strategy
- Describe the elements of portfolio management approach
- Use project staretgies to create distinctive capital value projects that are in alignment with organizational startegy
- Share key lessons learned from recent projects
- Consistent professional terminology in the field of project management
- An international expert available for consultation (during and after the training course)
- Sharing experience with other participants and opportunity for business networking
- Improving your business English skills
- Useful training materials in English
Students will receive certyficate of course completion signed by MT&DC as PMI® Global Registered Provider.
Our courses give knowledge needed to prepere for PMP® and other PMI's exams.
Recommended books from our Bookstore:
Today’s business climate is characterized by unprecedented changes in technology and globalization, as well as by complex business relationships and the unrelenting drive for competitive success. In this highly stressful environment, it is essential for project managers to think and act strategically. How does an organization formulate a strategy to achieve competitive success? How do projects contribute to the implementation of the organization’s strategy? How should a project manager develop a project strategy that supports organizational strategic and business goals?
Project Prortfolio Management gives you an in-depth analysis of the process leading from business strategy formation to portfolio development to the project and project manager’s role. Learn how to link your project to the business strategy, apply and maintain alignment of the project strategy, and manage the expectations and interests of those who have a stake in the project outcome. Thought-provoking discussions and stimulating exercises highlight this dynamic, timely course.
1. Organizational Strategy in Context
- a. Strategy defined
- b. Strategy as a way to achieve organizational success
- c. Paradigm shifts and their impact—how change influences strategy
- d. Portfolio defined
- e. Describe Portfoli Approach
- Challenges and Benefits of Portfolio Management
- Roles and Responsibilities in Portfolio Management
2. Plan Portfolio Management
- a. Explain the Steps to Plan Portfolio Management Process
3. Perform Project Selection
- a. Identify the Elements of project Selection
- b. Describe the Different Types of Factors Used in Project Selection
- c. Identify the Categories of Project Selection Methods
- d. Describe Pairwise Comparisons and Scoring Models
- e. Explain the Fundamental Economic Indicators
4. Maintain Aligment with Strategy
- a. Integrate the New Projects into an Existing Portfolio
- b. Perform Portfolio Reviews
5. Strategic Project Management
- a. The Typical Stege Gated Process for Managing Capital Value Projects
- b. Key Roles and Responisbilities of the Capital Value Process
- c. Identifying the Supporting Behaviours of the Key Stakeholders
- d. Understanding How the Business Strategy Influence the Configuration of Project Management Elements
- e. Strategies Used in Creating Distinctive Strategic Projecs
PMBOK® Guide knowledge areas:
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Communications Management
No client testimonials about this training
- IIBA® , BABOK® and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- CBAP® and CCBA® are registered certification marks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- Endorsed Education Provider, EEP and the EEP logo are trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc
- PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- PMP and PMI-ACP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Type of training