- Course Topics
- Client testimonials
Who the course is for:
- Program Managers
- Senior Project Managers
- Project Managers
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Select leadership techniques to increase your odds of success
- Apply the concepts of complexity science to project management
- Use ESI’s Complexity Indicator to assess your project’s complexity level
- Create an innovative framework for managing project complexity using ESI’s Complex Project Model and Process
- Useful and readily applicable tools
- Consistent professional terminology in the field of project management
- An international expert available for consultation (during and after the training course)
- Sharing experience with other participants and opportunity for business networking
- A prestigious certificate from George Washington University
- Improving your business English skills
- Bilingual training materials with additional reference materials
Students will receive certyficate of course completion signed by MT&DC as PMI® Global Registered Provider.
Our courses give knowledge needed to prepere for PMP® and other PMI's exams.
Recommended books from our Bookstore:
Have you ever taken on a project that appeared just too complex to handle? Just trying to identify the multitude of variables to be managed, let alone to anticipate how they might interact to create unexpected challenges, can be overwhelming. So how do you determine the true complexity, with a clear understanding of the variables involved and move forward to develop a plan that provides the right level of control and flexibility for success?
To lead the complex project requires a new way of thinking—a new approach to applying known project management techniques and tools. Managing Complex Projects provides an innovative approach to assess project complexity and to deploy the best techniques to achieve success.
The exercises and readings are designed to give you hands-on experience from a new perspective while determining the true level of project complexity and using complexity to assist rather than hinder progress. Among the tools provided is an automated template of ESI’s Complexity Indicator. Using your answers to the questions in the Complexity Indicator, this tool automatically calculates your project’s complexity level, and plots the strengths and weaknesses of your project against the nine areas of PMBOK® Guide. This course is a must for the experienced project manager who needs a leg up in managing the seemingly unmanageable!
1. Understanding Complexity in Projects
- a. Elements of complexity theory
- Nonlinear dynamics
- Open/closed systems
- b. Leadership approaches and ¬techniques
- Leaders in complexity
2. The Complex Project Model and Process
- a. ESI’s Complex Project Model
- b. ESI’s Complex Project Process
- c. Knowledge of complexity
- d. Communication
- e. Leadership
- f. Project management
3. Determining Project Complexity
- a. ESI’s Complexity Indicator
- b. Assessing complexity levels
- c. Applying the indicator
4. Communicating Project Complexity
- a. Communication platforms
- b. Risk and risk response
- c. Change management
- d. Problem solving
5. Designing for Complex Projects
- a. OBS, PBS, WBS
- b. Design tasks
- c. Planning for project execution
6. Leading Complex Projects
- a. Leadership levels
- b. Clear vision
- c. Principles for leading complex projects
- d. Disciplines for leading complex projects
PMBOK® Guide knowledge areas:
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Communications Management
No client testimonials about this training
- IIBA® , BABOK® and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- CBAP® and CCBA® are registered certification marks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- Endorsed Education Provider, EEP and the EEP logo are trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc
- PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- PMP and PMI-ACP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Type of training
ph. +48 607 368 182