- Course Topics
- Client testimonials
Who the course is for:
Students will receive certyficate of course completion signed by MT&DC as PMI® Global Registered Provider.
Our courses give knowledge needed to prepere for PMP® and other PMI's exams.
Recommended books from our Bookstore:
1. Principles and Concepts of Complexity
a. Principles and Concepts of Complexity – What Is It?
- Define a system.
- Describe the characteristics of a system.
- Describe the key elements of complex systems.
- Define a complex project.
- Explain the differences between complicated and complex projects.
- Discuss examples of complex projects from several industries.
b. Principles and Concepts of Complexity – What does it matter?
- Discuss why complex projects fail so often.
- Describe the critical success factors required to enable organizations to successfully deliver complex projects.
- Discuss the capability requirements for managers of complex projects.
- Describe the elements of a framework for managing complex projects.
2. Assessing and Navigating Complexity
a. Encountering Project Complexity
- Describe the three categories of complexity and associated causes.
- Discuss the “Cynefin” framewo
b. Assessing Project Complexity
- Determine when to assess the project complexity.
- Describe the process for assessing project complexity.
- Discuss examples of project complexity assessment tools.
- Assess a project complexity level.
- Build action plans to navigate complexity.
- Manage the execution of action plans to navigate complexity.
3. Designing for Complexity
- Describe how the sources of project complexity and how the complexity is being managed influence the approach to communication.
- Describe how to address communication and information transfer under conditions of uncertainty.
- Describe how to use formal and informal networks in complex projects to make sure communication is effective.
- Describe leadership communication styles and how do they affect communication in a complex project.
- Use a checklist to identify and address risks associated with communication in a complex project.
b. How to Cultivate Effective Teams
- Discuss what leaders of complex projects must consider when matching people to the project.
- Discuss what leaders of complex projects must consider in order to build trusting relationships with all key stakeholders.
c. Consider Culture
- Describe organizational cultures.
- Describe project cultures.
- Describe organizational and project cultural boundaries.
- Describe international projects’ cultures.
- Describe generational culture.
- Discuss how a complex project leader should tackle cultural differences.
4. Project Governance and Complexity
- Describe the attributes of classical project governance.
- Describe the attributes of complex project governance.
b. Implementing Complex Project Governance – Best Practices
Discuss good practices to use when implementing complex project governance.
5. Final Comments
a. Personal Assessment Application Planning
- Present an action plan that demonstrates how you will apply what you learned in this course to a complex project in your organization.
b. Module Wrap-up and Closing Remarks. Feedback
No client testimonials about this training
- IIBA® , BABOK® and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- CBAP® and CCBA® are registered certification marks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- Endorsed Education Provider, EEP and the EEP logo are trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc
- PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- PMP and PMI-ACP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Type of trainingOpen/Closed