Hans deVries is a senior instructor with ESI International and MT&DC. He has more than 25 years’ experience in managing information technology projects and has delivered ESI project management and Agile – Scrum classes since 2008.
Throughout his career, he has been actively involved in all aspects of training, development, and group/team facilitation. Though he specializes in managing IT projects, costs, and budgets and providing servant leadership as a Scrum Master, Mr. deVries has extensive experience in all aspects of project management, business leadership, and large software project development and deployment.
Mr deVries has worked for some of the largest companies in the world in a multitude of (Agile) project management related capacities. Companies like Shell Oil, Exxon-Mobil, Wells Fargo, Intel Corp, Verizon, Bayer USA, Capital One Bank, and Philip Morris USA all helped to develop and fine-tune his knowledge of practical project management.
In addition to his practical “Waterfall” project management experience, Mr. deVries also has a wealth of experience as a trainer, educator, and facilitator. He served as an assistant professor at the University of Richmond in Virginia, where he developed and taught a graduate-level class in information systems and services.
Since 2010 Mr deVries has added practical expertise of Agile and Agile supporting methodologies like Scrum, XP and Kanban by working as a Scrum Master on several large projects at Capital One and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
He was instrumental in the definition, creation and deployment of specific Scrum roles at Capital One and also provided on-site training for the majority of new Scrum Teams at Capital One.
He currently teaches many of ESI’s Agile and Scrum classes in the USA, Canada, Europe, South America and South West Asia (Middle East).
Mr deVries holds a BS and MS in Economics as well as a MBA from the Erasmus University in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
He is a certified Project Management Professional (‘PMP’) by the Project Management Institute (‘PMI’) as well as a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) by Scrum Alliance.
- IIBA® , BABOK® and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- CBAP® and CCBA® are registered certification marks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- Endorsed Education Provider, EEP and the EEP logo are trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc
- PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- PMP and PMI-ACP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.