George R. Sifri is a senior instructor/consultant with ESI and MT&DC. He has more than 20 years of experience in managing information technology projects. He has given numerous lectures and training courses on strategic information systems, managing software development, relational databases, electronic document management systems, software risk assessment, information systems auditing, workflow systems, project control systems, document control systems, and knowledge management to practicing professionals around the world. He worked with companies such as Motorola, HP, Dow Jones, BP, Peoplesoft, ABB, Eurotel, and Novartis. He delivered courses and lectures on the six continents of the world. He is also the author of tens of articles on project management.
Dr. Sifri has been working extensively with BP “Projects & Engineering College” since 2004. He has been the lead developer for their flag ship course “Project Management Essentials” currently in its fifth edition, and a subject matter reviewer for several of the other courses offered such as “Managing Risks in Projects”. He has been delivering courses for BP in UK, Singapore, China, Egypt, and USA for the last seven years. Dr. Sifri is one of three instructors that delivers “Projects and Engineering the BPway” in Houston four times a year. As of today, more than 700 major project managers have graduated from this two weeks residential highly intensive program.
Dr. Sifri has been working with ABB in Saudi Arabia for the last three years. He has delivered several courses in project management and a customized course on “Site Management for Project Managers.”
Dr. Sifri was the Head of Software Development at Consolidated Contractors International, one of the top 16 firms in the construction industry worldwide, for more than 10 years. He was in charge of the company's information technology systems design and management. He was also responsible for overseeing programming projects as well as evaluating and selecting software products for the company, and devising software development procedures and training courses.
Prior to joining Consolidated Contractors International, Dr. Sifri was the EDP manager for Save the Children Federation; a US based non government organization that works closely with UNICEF, for more than six years. He was responsible for systems analysis, software design, prototyping, programming, IT procurement and managing software development projects.
Dr. Sifri was the Head of Product Development at Computers and Communication Technology (CCT) for the period 1999 - 2001. CCT is an affiliated company with Consolidated Contractors International and specializes in developing web-based project management systems. CCT develops manufacturing, planning and control systems, document control and imaging systems, procurement systems, estimation and cost tracking systems, and executive information systems.
He is also a member of several professional associations such as: Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers; and International Who's Who of Professionals.
- PMP® - Project Management Professional
- CCP - Certified Computer Professional
- CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor
- CCE - Certified Cost Engineer
- CM - Certified Manager
- PSP - Planning and Scheduling Professional
- EVP - Earned Value Profession
- RMP - Risk Management Professional
- Project Portfolio Management
- Risk Management
- Scheduling and Cost Control
- Rapid Assessment and Recovery of Troubled Projects
- Establishing of Project Management Office
- IIBA® , BABOK® and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- CBAP® and CCBA® are registered certification marks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- Endorsed Education Provider, EEP and the EEP logo are trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc
- PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- PMP and PMI-ACP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.